Monday, September 19, 2005

New Roomate in an OldNew City

Well, as things go here in Tel Aiv University in the dorms (or at least the Lowy school), my new roomate called me and said he was moving in later today. Most things are accomplished by a select few who know the fine art of complaining. Now, for those who are not as talented in this art, or at least in engaging the correct people for their talent, things may seems rather difficult to setup. Although rumors abound that a civil conversation will be fine enough, and I have had luck this way, there are many who take the firm and unaltered belief that this is the only way. However it happened, I have a new roomate and he is quite a congenial chap. Perhaps we shall both be lost into a pile of our books (the stacks on the desk being, to all eyes, created equal).

The OSP finally had a academic orientation, which seems quite interesting as we now get to choose our courses. In the States registration is a frenzy or fervor of waiting for a deadline quite a few months in advance of any real praticality and in general makes us feel quite cosy with ourselfs. The Israeli's (and Europeans too I hear) take the astute view that things will be done when they will get done, meaning the day before class. Maybe they have to much to worry about today. ;)

Also, in other news, I finally made an "ayin" like sound emit from my vocal cords. This is the oddest letter that ever did appear. Arabic food, made with a pinch of familial love, tops the connaisseurs list of "perfect tasting, really dang good food".

Another thing, why don't blogs have a spell check feature? I know that physics is not conducive to spelling at all, and neither is learning to spell in another language. Perhaps I shall forget english entirely before I leave my sojourn in Israel.

Cordially yours,

4 comments:

Claytonian said...

oh, but there is a spell checker. You gotta have java and popups enabled for the blogger site though.
Best of luck with that language thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy! It sounds like your learning alot and having a great time! I just wanted to drop you a line from Jarbidge and wish you well on the rest of your studies and adventure!
Lot's of Love,
Cousin Jennie

Benjamin said...

That's awesome! (even though this comment is substantially belated).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.