Sunday, August 07, 2005

God promised this land, and it is a land of Miracles

Shalom,

So, Israel is getting more interesting. I found the non-american parts of things, and they are good. Cheap vegetables and fruits, and great pitas and hummus. Also, with my vast lack of knowledge in French, I have decided Hebrew has way to much in common with French. I know, nothing really, but everyone who speaks French here pronounces Hebrew like a native.

My program took a field trip to Jerusalem.

Must go again, I have found it amazing, and fascinating in so many ways. To walk on grounds that are two thousand years old. Where the second temple was built, and Yoshua walked. But its the spirit of the city, heavy with so much rife and strife, yet still spiritual and longing to God in a way. Maybe the whole myth about The world being founded from there is true.

The city is still very human, but very beautiful stone everywhere and narrow streets and ... I almost keep longing that I had applied ot go there instead, it just seems so much more interesting for a persone of my tastes and inclinations. Parties and beaches are fun for a week with me (maybe that long). Is it possible to transfer study abraod programs, ;) ?

But Tel Aviv is getting much more interesting, especially as I meet more people. Jewish people are different. Friendly and warm almost all. More secular people seem to goto Tel Aviv though, so thats a different culture in and of itself.

The description of Israeli's as "prickly pairs" is apt. I got yelled at by a Russian or Jewish lady and thoroughly frightened. Also, I was sitting in a coffee shop early in the morning when I group of Israeli women came in and setup a video camera and started what seemed an interview seesion. Then they started arguing about clothes or soemthing, next time I looked up one of them was just finishing putting back on her shirt. I guess its normal to change shirts at the coffee shop. Hmmm?

Hebrew is an interesting langauge. I just started learning it, must go now, so now see you later!
Shalom!

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Shalom Jaremy!

Reading you're posts brought a smile to my face. It's good to hear that you are well. If you need us to send you anything via the post, let me know.

Definentally bedtime now, catch you soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.