Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Hebrew Tinged Sleep

Hebrew is really an interesting langauge. They don't seem to have many connecting verbs (except et). This seems a little odd, or perhaps childish if translated directly to english. But it makes sense in Hebrew (well except for my occasional confusion about words like shel, which i still don't fully comprehend). The langauge is apparently very apt for singing worship songs, although many would bemoan a hebrew love song. As a singer in a club here told one of the girls in the OSP program, "I would sing you a love song, but it would sound like I was clearing my throat."

Overall I haven't done to many new things for the weekend, there is nothing new under the sun. But sleep is really an amazing thing. After studying so much physics, and not sleeping near enough I believe my body is rebelling. It always wants sleep, then I feel fine, but still sleep is good.

There have been many books that I have started reading. These are whole events in and of themselves, as they exist in a very real way in my mind. To many a book may not seem much, but they can tinge my whole way of thinking and enliven my heart. The world is out there and we can interpret it as we want but we get what we put in. Sometimes I forget that I can and should actually do things. The people here are mostly friendly, and usually very open for discussions. Sometimes a little bit too much.

Well the time is quickly passing midnight so I should take leave for now. I will try to post more, but not to much has happened of late. Or did I talk about Heather's trip up here? Maybe I forgot... Anyways Heather seems reticent to post online, so maybe this will be a one person ordeal afterall. Oh lamentations, ;(

Shalom!

No comments: